Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Update on Leila and Andrew

I received word that it looks like Leila will not live. Her head injury was just too great.
The cup we are give is very bitter, but God will help us to drink it and will use it to nourish us in the long run.

Sometimes there is no "why." Why her? I don't know. Why Melissa? I don't know. Why does Jesus (Leila's father) have to endure this? I don't know. Why does Elaine have to lose both her children to tragic accidents? I don't know.

I do know that God did not cause this accident to teach us something. I do know that neither Jesus, Melissa, Elaine, nor Leila did anything special to deserve this. God does not cause tragedy to teach us.

But God can teach us in tragedy. There is nothing that God cannot redeem. I believe that the greatest jewels in our heavenly crown will be made out of the tragedies of our lives - if we turn them over to God.

Into thy hands, O merciful Savior, we commend thy child, Leila. Acknowledge, we humbly beseech thee, a sheep of thine own fold, a lamb of thine own flock, a sinner of thine own redeeming. Receive her into the arms of thy mercy. Amen.

May Leila's soul rest in peace and may it rise in Glory!

YBIC,
Phil Snyder

Please pray for Jesus, Elaine, John, and their entire families (including me and my wife).

2 comments:

Robert said...

You and yours have my prayers

Fr. Bryan Owen said...

I am so sorry for the grief and loss that you and are family are experiencing. Only Jesus knows what that's really like. My prayers are with you all.