Thursday, June 22, 2006

General Convention Reflections

I worked during this past General Convention, but stayed in touch through the herculean efforts of Kendall Harmon (www.titusonenine.classicalanglican.net) and Standing Firm (www.standfirminfaith.com), not to mention the hardest working elves in the world (www.classicalanglican.net)

I believe that the ECUSA is not compliant with the Windosr Report. What does this mean? I don't know. I do know that God is still God and Jesus is still my Lord and Savior. I know that I have a faithful Bishop (+Stanton) and Rector (Fr. Clif +) and a wonderful parish (www.stjamesdallas.org). I will continue to minister to those in prison as I have done for the last 10 years. I know that no matter what the Episcopal House of Bishops or House of Deputies say, that God's truth does not change.

I believe that a revival is coming in the Episcopal Church in the USA. It may take time (about 50 years), but I believe it will come. In my studies of Church History, God always seems to allow the Church to stumble and fall before a revival. We are seeing her stumble now. It may be dark here in the ECUSA, but God's light will not be shut out.

YBIC,
Phil Snyder

No comments: