Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's Kairos Time Again!

Once again, I will be part of a team that will be visiting Jesus in Prison. From April 16th through April 19t, I will be in the Coffield Unit in Texas visiting our Lord and spreading His message of love, reconciliation, and the call to be made new among 42 inmates.

For the people that may read this, I have a request. I know many of you are interested in things concerning the Episcopal Church. There are those who disagree with me and those who agree with me on what should happen in TEC and the Anglican Communion. I am asking that we set these things aside and commit to pray for the 42 inmates at Coffield that will be participating in the Kairos weekend.

If you will pray for the weekend, please leave a comment here with your actual name (first name is suffiient) and the city and country in which you will be praying.

We write the names on strips of paper and then form those strips into a "prayer chain." We wrap that chain around the place where we are holding the weekend as a visible reminder to the team that Prayer is what sustains and upholds us in ministry and to the inmates as a visible reminder that thousands of people from around the world are praying for them.

Please add your name to those who will pray for the men at Coffield.

YBIC,
Phil Snyder

6 comments:

Papa Joe said...

Dcn Phil,
Make a link for me.
Joe
Spring,Texas

Anonymous said...

I have it on my computer.
Christine from Fort Worth, Texas

Anonymous said...

Make a link for me. I'll be praying.
Sophie from AZ

Unknown said...

I will be praying also. Clarke, Santa Fe, New Mexico

Anonymous said...

Dear Deacon Phil:

Please make a link for me, Deacon Francie, in Anglican Diocese of San Joaquin, California.

Listen, Listen, Love, Love,

Francie+

Anonymous said...

Add Steve from Valley Forge, PA